Tuesday, April 24, 2012

hotels

I am going to Paris in late January I have choice of two hotels Opera Cadet or Neva Hotel not sure which to pick. Anybody stay here recently or no anything about them




|||



Hi Doonelg





Have you checked the TA reviews? I am not acquainted with either hotel but overall the reviews on TA look fine for both hotel.





tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187147-d197579…





http://www.hotel-opera-cadet.fr/us/





tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187147-d233674…





…venere.com/hotels_paris/…hotel_neva.html





Have you been to Paris before? The Neva is in the 17th northwest of the Arc de Triomphe and in a very nice residential area with not a lot going on other than the Arc and the Champs Elysees and Parc Monceau - but metro gets you in to the centre quickly etc.





The Opera Cadet is not that far from Opera and the big department stores(also a nice area) but it is also quite close to the rue des Martyrs and the Notre Dame de Lorette area which is an area with interesting markets and a bit %26quot;off beat%26quot; that I have long wanted to explore and others have raved about. Depending on your interests, IMO, I would go for the Opera Cadet.





Why not look more closely at the areas in which the hotels are located by searching this forum, guide books etc and focus on the location and what you are interested in as either hotel looks as if it will house you sufficiently.




|||



Thanks for your advice I did check reviews on TA both good!the reason I am focused on these hotels is the fact that every other decent hotel seems to be fully booked which is surprising as I thought it would be very quiet at this time of year. I think I will go fotr the opera district. I want to be able to go out at night for a drink and something to eat on foot without having to travelto far away from hotel.Thanks




|||



Hotels are not booked for January... it%26#39;s just that they are not open to bookings so far in the future. Many hotels won%26#39;t take bookings more than a few months out.. so you can reserve something now just to make sure you are covered, but try again later on if there is a hotel you%26#39;d prefer more...




|||



Hi Doownelg,





I assumed you had to choose one or other of those hotels because of a package. Now I am wondering whether they are from some travel agent%26#39;s list or similar. If so, you should wait a while before booking (I am sure those places will still have space for January in a few weeks time). Do some more reading to see which areas (arrondissements) you would like to stay in and then see what hotels you like in those areas and whether they are available.





I would be very surprised if most were booked out already for January. Travelnutty is right that many hotels won%26#39;t take bookings a long way in advance, The Hotel des Grandes Ecoles, a really nice hotel in the Latin Quarter only starts accepting bookings for next January on 15 September.





www.france-hotel-guide.com/h75005ecoles.htm





I don%26#39;t know if you have tried the Grand Hotel Jeanne d%26#39;Arc but it is one that seems to take early bookings. It is often booked out way in advance but that is because it is so popular due to its location in the Marais and its low prices.





hotels.parishotels.com/hotel-direct.php…





Both the hotels you have mentioned are further out from the area near the two islands in the Seine that most tourists consider to be %26quot;the centre%26quot; of Paris and want to stay reasonably near on their first few trips to Paris. I would still spend a day in the rue des Martyrs area if your research makes you interested in it but I would base myself nearer the centre. It might be worthwhile looking




|||



I actually thought the same as Travelnutty that i was trying to book too early but I e mailed three hotels I was interested in after reading reviews on ta and I was told thet they were fully booked for the dates I required so thats why I am anxious to find somewhere now and not leave it to the last minute.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:26 am, September 04, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment