Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Antibes or Juan-les-Pins

Hello



I%26#39;ll b spending 4-5 days on the coast at the end of July and I reduced my selection to this two: Antibes and Juan-les-Pins. I understand they are very close, but I would like some recomandations. If anyone can help me to compare this two concerning the following:



1. Beaches, as sandy as possible



2. Costs, especially food and drinks



3. Nightlife



Any other suggestions or tips are most welcome



Thank you




|||



1) Both have sandy beaches





2) The costs are equivalent





3) The nightlife is better in Juan





4) But but (fouth criteria matter ?) the city of Antibes is very very more beautiful. Charming old town and a fabulous market !





provenceweb.fr/e/alpmarit/antibes/antibes.htm





I prefer to stay in a quieter place and go out to Juan one evening, so I would choose Antibes with no hesitation, but it depends on your lifestyle and what you want to do in day time.




|||



I too am struggling with where to stay in the french riviera, and have come to the same two places... JLP or Antibes (old town?)





I am in my early 30%26#39;s and traveling alone... I love the beach, but also plan to see different places (via bus?%26quot; or train??) during my 5-6 day visit.......





Im also curious about the public beaches in this area vs private. Is it easy to walk to a public beach - and is it nice and safe??





Thank you for any input you can provide, bc regardless of being young -- a long day is a long day in ANY country, especially when you want to see a lot, and or lounge on a beach and then have a nice meal or socialize in a bar........ I can save my crazy nights for my return home to the states!!!





Thanks for your help!!




|||



The train is very convenient to go everywhere close to the seaside : Nice, Monaco, Menton to the east or Cannes to the west are easy access. As the train stations are located in the city centers, you will easily be able to walk everywhere.





You will need to take the bus everytime you go off the seaside : don%26#39;t miss Saint Paul de Vence and the Maeght Museum if you like modern art.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:20 pm, September 03, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment