Saturday, April 21, 2012

Teachers and free museum entry

Hi,





I read somewhere that teachers can get free entry to some Paris museums. I couldn%26#39;t find any firm information so I contacted the Paris tourist info office via the website.





I asked if teachers can gain free entry into Paris museums and whether the ID card from my employer would be sufficient. I also asked if there was a list of attractions that allowed free entry.





My reply was:





Hello,





Yes it must be sufficient. You will find the list on this link :





http://www.rmn.fr/index-gb.html





Best regards.





I think this is the of museums in the centre of Paris:





Musée des Arts asiatiques-Guimet



Musée des Arts et Traditions populaires (closed)



Musée Eugène-Delacroix



Musée d’Ennery



Musée Hébert



Musée Jean-Jacques Henner



Musée du Louvre



Musée Gustave-Moreau



Musée du Moyen Age - Thermes et Hôtel de Cluny



Musée de l’Orangerie



Musée d’Orsay



Musée Picasso



Musée Rodin



Galeries nationales du Grand Palais



Palais de la Porte Dorée - Aquarium tropical





This list isn%26#39;t as long as the Museum Pass and there are a couple of things missing from it I want to visit but it%26#39;s better than a poke in the eye with a stick.





Has anyone any experience of getting free entry by waving a teacher ID card?





Thanks




|||



Alas, this gratuity has been gradually downscaled. Here is the official list of the RMN (=National Museum Trust) fares (but it%26#39;s in French).





rmn.fr/fr/…individuels-groupes.pdf




|||



The list includes %26quot;membres du corps enseignant en activité attestation



en cours de validité%26quot; (= teachers in office) under %26quot;free access%26quot;. but youd%26#39; really better check with each museum.




|||



there has been a move to try to restrict such benefits when used by tourists -- so teachers with classes get in free -- but foreign tourists trying to get a free ride, not so much





I know several US teachers who have not been able to use this ploy -- perhaps teachers in the EU do better?




|||



Ok thanks,





I will email a few key ones to find out what they say.




|||



Last summer we used our Employers Photo ID that we have for teaching in the USA school.





I must tell you it will depend on the ticket taker in the end!





A few times we got in free and a few times we got in at the student price.





One day hubby was told no at La Chapelle and a few days later he was given a student reduced entry fee.




|||



My handicapped ID and doctor%26#39;s letter got us both in free at tons of places!




|||



http://www.rmn.fr/index-gb.htm




|||



Sorry, I hit submit before I was ready.





Here is the English link to rates: http://www.rmn.fr/index-gb.htm





Here is the list of museums: http://www.rmn.fr/index-gb.html





I%26#39;m glad I found this topic since I%26#39;m leaving on Thursday and am a teacher. Any little chance to save some Euros will help.





Lori




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:18 am, September 04, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment