Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Accommodation in Paris

Hi All - I hope you can help. I plan on visiting Paris mid July for 4 days. Not having been to Paris before I really am unsure where the best area would be for me to be based out of. I had thought about the Tuileries or on one of the little islands but as I say not sure.... would be most grateful if you could help or recommend not only an area but also maybe a hotel? Pricewise I guess I am looking at the moderate level....





Thanks in advance for your help.






|||



Hello, post this on the Paris forum,





Book something central, nicest for first visit.



The last two digits on the zip or postal code indicate which arrondissont a hotel is in (ie%26quot; 75007) , 07 = seventh arr. .



The most popular for 1 st timers are 1st, 4th, 5th , 6 th and some like 7th.



Get a map ,, stay near river,, anywhere between ET and Notre Dame. I prefer left bank,, not too far south.





Go on this site, click on %26quot;paris hotels%26quot; on left hand side of page, read hotel reviews.,, as you scroll down you will find all different budgets.



There are many decent places under 150 euros a night.



Helps if you are honest with your budget, your moderate may be someone else cheap, or someone elses idea of splurging.



I have spent 60 euros a night, and I have spent 200 euros a night. Both places were nice, both clean, central etc.




|||



Re accommodation - moderate??? I have based this on the info suggested in the guides I have read which suggest that this is approx 80-130 euros per night...




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 pm, September 02, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment