Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Premiere Classe

Thank you tou tou for reply - the address is 13 Rue Lafon, Marseille, think I have gone wrong somewhere in booking this hotel-location wise at any rate. Can you recommend any hotel or B%26amp;B for single near the centre of things as I have to keep to public transport and will travel from Marseille to Aix de Provence for two days after that either by train or bus




|||



Hi Lavendre - Just FYI, you are clicking on the Post A New Topic button when you reply. If you look under your name at the top of your post, you will see the Reply To This Post. That is where you want to click to continue the conversation.





I will double check the address you have with the Premiere Classe by the airport just to see if we are talking about the same place. Back in a moment.





..




|||



Your address is in the city centre. Just exactly how far it is from the train station, I don%26#39;t know, the map I looked at was not the best. It does not appear to be far from the station. You should call or email the hotel and ask them. I take it you are on a tight budget based on the selection of this hotel. I could not recommend anything in the 50 euros per night price range.





What time of day will you be arriving into Marseille? If it is after dark, I would just hop in a taxi. It couldn%26#39;t be that expensive as it isn%26#39;t THAT far. I love Marseille, but I wouldn%26#39;t want to arrive at the train station after dark and then walk to a location I am not familiar with.




|||



Thank you again for replying to this. Will be well before noon when I arrive and very relieved to find out that there are taxis available seem to be gathering up all the wrong information and thanks for your info on posting this is my first post. Hope it%26#39;s right this time or I%26#39;ll be spreading my stupidity all over the page.





So much looking forward to this and Aix de Provence, not really on a tight budget but not minted either but chose this hotel as cater for single travellers.




|||



Have you considered Citadines. You can see it at the link below.





https:/…




|||



Toutou hi,





Had a look at Citidines and others, thank you. Have decided to respect my first choice as already booked and not that far away from port. As have only a day, albeit a full day in Marseille, would be glad of your advice on whether to look round town centre, cafe%26#39;s etc. or spend most of day in port before going back to hotel, leaving 11 a.m. next day for Aix de Provence, making use of the website re trains on recent posts but inclined to take your advice and stick to the buses or taxi cabs where reasonable.





Kind Regards




|||



Considering that the centre of town and the port are not that far from one another, I think you can do both in one day - assuming you are not taking a boat out of the port for any reason.





I am not a Marseille expert, so cannot give you names of cafes, restaurants, etc. I usually just pick one as I am walking. I like to walk from the pedestrian shopping district to the port area. Shop and then stop along the port for some fresh seafood and wine. That is a treat to me.





I am funny about choosing very low priced hotels as I am often traveling alone (female) and don%26#39;t often feel safe. This is based on two past experiences. That is why I thought you might want to take a look at the Citadine Aparthotel as I know the chain. However, I would not want to discourage anyone from booking where-ever they are comfortable.





Maybe someone else will come along with their own experiences in Marseille.




|||



Thank you once more I am also female travelling regularly alone and you have given me a very great deal of help so much so that I can almost picture what I%26#39;ll do in the time available.





Happy travels!




|||



You will have a wonderful time lavendre. Just be careful at night.




|||



Hi





I notice you are talking about the same Hotel I have booked for a couple nights in 2 weeks time. Assuming you have already visited this hotel could you give your opinion on its location and whether it is in a safe area or not? I am travelling alone for the first time and some of the posts on this site make me believe Marseille was not the best choice of location...I%26#39;m getting a little nervous and your views would be most appreciated.





Many thanks in advance.




|||



Hi redn8lack



At the risk of being shot down in flames from other posters to tripadvisor I also became nervous before travelling alone and asked my son to accompany me at the end up. I cannot comment on the hotel in question nor properly or honestly on the whole area as ended up spending 2 days in Nice and the last night only in Marseille at the Mercure Beuvais at the Port Vieux (to be near to the airport). Despite being forwarned on reading these posts about which end of the station (train from Nice) to come out of at Marseille I still chose what must have been the worst side. Whichever hotel you choose I should make sure to find out what end of the station the taxi%26#39;s sit at and take one. What resulted in taking advantage of a cheap flight resulted in a very expensive trip indeed but then that%26#39;s me all over. How long are you visiting in France - have you been to Marseille before?

No comments:

Post a Comment