Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Paris Plage... Beachside.....

Has anyone ever been... do you know when they open???





Thank you.




|||



The open 7/19/2007 and close 8/20/2007.




|||



we were there for the Plage one summer and found it amusing -- but I can%26#39;t imagine actually using it as a visitor





but then lying on sand and baking was never my thing -- they do have a few sprinklers for people to walk under and cool off and a few loungers, but of course, since there are only a few, they are pretty much occupied continuously -- you can bring your own towel and probably find a spot of sand





and then of course thousands of onlookers will walk by above you and alongside you and stare





clever idea but not very appealing to actually use





there is also beach volleyball out in front of the Hotel DeVille




|||



I had read that there was a very large pool there as well. Since we will be there from 7-15 till 7-25 I thought it might be great to have a place to cool off in the hot weather!!!




|||



there was no water except sprinklers -- certainly no large pool -- when we were there -- but perhaps it has been added -- when we were there there was nothing about it which suggested %26#39;cooling off%26#39; ---- I don%26#39;t consider something an actual beach when there is no water -- it was just bake in the sun on sand --- maybe they have put a pool at Hotel DeVille -- it would certainly be roomy enough to do that





when we were at Hotel DeVille in May there was a huge garden exhibit -- on eco gardening




|||



Look, I live on an island, so the whole concept grossed me out. The river is wonderful to me as it is old and magical.. but not a single thing about it invites you close,, it is brown , ( or grey or whatever) , slow moving, opapaue , and not clean ( to my standards of wild life etc) . The idea of trucked in sand , dumped and spread around an area of pavement,, well it is just wrong to me. It is not a beach.



Paris is not about a beach, Paris should not have a beach, what Paris has is not a beach.. I am sorry ,, I avoided it completely, even though last time I was in Paris was a roasting hot August,, no water, no beach as far as I am concerned.



Paris has many lovely parks for suntanning in, much better choice. I step down from the soapbox now.




|||



I visited Paris in July %26#39;05 when Paris Plage just begun. I thought it was unique the premise of the whole thing. And mostly it gave Paris another perspective. Usually I visit in either fall or winter so to be in Paris during totally clear, blue, sunny skies and 80F+ with high humidity weather and then coming across people playing beach volleyball with imported sand at Hotel de Ville then seeing the beach chairs, sand, etc. by the Seine was both amazing and fun for me.





Have fun. The locals seemed to enjoy Paris Plage alot.




|||



There used to be a huge barge with a swimming pool / lockers etc.on it on the Seine River but it has been gone for a long time.





I know of no other pool around there.





If you want to go swimming you can go to Les Halles as they have a lap pool and exercise area but it is indoors.




|||



There%26#39;s the new floating pool %26quot;Piscine Joséphine Baker%26quot; (Quai François Mauriac, metro Quai de la Gare)





http://tinyurl.com/2tyk7f




|||



Paris Plage and Piscine Joséphine Baker alike will be crowded... mostly by people who have access to much nicer and bigger swimming pools in their backyard (ie the banlieue), funnily enough. But that%26#39;s the magic of Paris I guess. OK, it is fun to stroll for an hour or two, but unless you are a big fan of families and overcrowded places, I guess the charm will wear think quite rapidly...




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 am, September 03, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment