Thursday, March 29, 2012

Returned Last Night after 8 days in Paris

We had a wonderful time! We didn%26#39;t do much on the tourist side.........did take a night Seine boat ride. We spent our time up one side street and down another.....hit the antique flea markets on the weekend......walked...stopped and looked.....stopped and drank....stopped and ate......visited places that I doubt many tourists hit unless they are like me and courious to get off the beaten path.



Our hotel was Hotel de Varenne. It was a wonderful sweet little hotel.......spotless, air conditioned, had a safe/refrigerator/tv with dvd player. The bathroom was large and nice. It was in a great area with a bakery next door........a little grocery acrosst the street and several restaruants on the same street. It is in the government district and was safe safe safe......police on every street corner! It was a 20 minutes walk to the Eiffel Tower and about a 10 minute walk to the Rodin Museum.



It%26#39;s late and I%26#39;ll post more tomorrow.



Dana in VA




|||



Looking forward to the rest of your report!




|||



Yes, would like to hear more about your trip too! We will be in Paris in early November and while we plan to see the major attractions, we are also %26quot;off-the-beaten path%26quot; types so I%26#39;d love to hear more about your non-touristy trip!




|||



Thanks, Dana, for the quick comments about your recent Paris trip. Will look forward to reading more.





I bet you that you will be planning another visit soon!




|||



labjessie, sounds like my kind of vacation. A vacation without an itinerary, just stroll/eat/drink around and see where the day takes me. Love that you did that. Of course I will be seeing a few things but I sort of decide where and when mostly a day ahead of time! Looking forward to hearing more.




|||



Wow........I just read my original post and cringe at the poor spelling.......just shows how tired I was after the trip! Although I didn%26#39;t visit the %26quot;tourist%26quot; spots I did use %26quot;The Great Paris WalkPack%26quot;. I ordered it on Amazon and it was wonderful. Each pamphlet represented an area of Paris.......The Left Bank.......Right Bank........Montmartre....Le Marais(and Islands of the Seine) and Latin Quarter. Each guide was great as it gave you an over view of the area you are visiting and a walking map of that area.



It was just a wonderful trip.......Paris is magical. My email address is DLS5775@aol.com should anyone have a question that I might be able to answer. Our hotel was so sweet and conveniently located.......clean and air conditioned and in probably the safest area of Paris....perfect, really.



Dana in Virginia








|||



Dana, what a great suggestion, I%26#39;m a a huge walker I think this may come in very handy for me. This is why I so love this site, thanks!



Why are%26#39;nt you sleeping....lol




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 pm, September 04, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment